Official Contest Rules - Win Rob's Change
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
WIN ROB’S CHANGE
AUGUST 21, 2020
Description of Contest
A. A twice daily game giving caller 18 the chance to correctly guess how much pre-counted change is in a container.
B. How to Enter and play: Beginning on Monday, August 24, 2020 as close to 6:30 am PDT as possible, through a date to be determined as a result of America’s adjustments to the Covd-19 pandemic, the show (RAD) will invite listeners to be the 18th caller at 888-989-9811 and play “Win Rob’s Change.” Invitations, including, and then following, the first one on 08/24/2020, will occur each weekday as close as possible to 6:30 and 9:30 am PDT.
Caller 18 will, live on the air, be asked to name the total American dollar value of the amount of change contained in a container which has been photographed and posted on social media and also sits in the RAD studio. While the amount of coins and bills in the container will not exactly match the winning amount, it will be within $5 of the total (see item “C” for more details).
If caller 18 correctly guesses the exact total dollar amount, they will win that amount in the form of a check which will be delivered via Fed-ex to the address the winner provides.
If caller 18 does not correctly guess the exact dollar amount, the hosts will inform them of that fact and offer a clue such as “much higher,” or “so close.” And will then inform the audience of the next playing of the game (either later that morning at 9:30 or the next show’s live airing at 6:30).
Once a winner is found, RAD may, or may not, continue the contest by filling the same container with a different amount of change. RAD reserves the right to end the game at any time following any winner being found (but not beforehand).
C. Prizes: The winner receives the previously counted exact dollar amount of change in the container. Only Rob Williams will know the correct amount. The dollar amount will be written down and placed in a sealed envelope which will be postmarked with the date the contest begins. That envelope will remain in the studio until a winner guesses the correct amount, at which time, the envelope will be open and shown to all show members, as well as seen on a video which will posted to RADRADIO.COM following the win, thus verifying the amount was pre-determined and never altered.
- Contestant Consent and Acceptance of Rules. By participating in the contest, contestants accept, consent to, and agree to be bound by these rules.
- Decisions. By participating in this contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of show personnel, who shall interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules of the contest and their decisions shall be final. Show reserves the right to terminate this contest, modify contest rules, or make such other decisions regarding the contest as the show deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by Williams Broadcasting and are final. Williams Broadcasting may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion. Material changes to the contest rules will be broadcast on-air, when practical.
- Eligibility and Limitations. Participants and winner(s) must be at least 18 years old and not have won any prizes from Williams Broadcasting within 30 calendar days prior. As per general rules, the grand prize winner only will be disqualified from all future contests for 30 days following. For the purpose of this contest, listeners may qualify more than once, 30 calendar days after originally qualifying, but will only be eligible to win one of the grand prizes.
- Release. By participating in the Contest, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the Williams Broadcasting, its parents, affiliates, employees, representatives and agents, as well as contest sponsors and their respective employees, representatives and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the contest, or from the use of any prize. In order to receive a prize, participants must sign and/or accept an official waiver form provided by Williams Broadcasting. Failure or refusal to accept, execute and return to Williams Broadcasting the waiver form will result in all prizes being forfeited. Winners of ALL contests must acknowledge that they have 1) read and understand the contest rules, 2) that they are eligible under the contest rules to receive the prize, and 3) they understand and agree that Williams Broadcasting and its sponsors of contests, shall have the right to publicize and/or broadcast their name, character-likeness, voice and the fact that they have won a prize, and all matters thereof, without further compensation
- No purchase is necessary to enter or win. Prizes are not transferable or assignable.
- Winner will be responsible for all taxes, including United States Income Taxes that are associated with acceptance of prize.
- All winners are solely responsible for any and all transportation associated with collecting prizes and/or attending events and Williams Broadcasting is no way responsible or liable for any contestant or third-party acts or omissions, including, but not limited to, personal or other injury or damage, stemming from contestant transportation or travel to/from collecting prizes or attending events.
- Once prizes are claimed by each winner, Williams Broadcasting and its associated clients, vendors, affiliates, representatives, employees and agents are in no way responsible or liable to contestants or other third parties for subsequent events that may affect contestant prizes, with such events including, but not limited, acts or omissions of third-party sponsors, promoters, vendors, personalities, or others affecting contestant prizes, as well as concert cancellations, terrorist attacks, and force majeure, or, in the sole discretion of Williams Broadcasting, a prize is deemed no longer reasonably available or obtainable, or where the contest is void or invalid under local, state or federal law.
- Williams Broadcasting reserves the right to disqualify any contestant if 1) the contest rules are not followed, 2) a contestant is found to not be eligible under the general or specific contest rules, 3) or the contestant has engaged in fraudulent behavior as determined by Williams Broadcasting. A contestant can be disqualified at a date subsequent to winning a prize if any rule has been violated and 1) is not discovered until a later date or 2) time is needed to investigate whether winner meets all rules and conditions or contest rules.
- Contest void where prohibited. If contest is found to violate local, state or federal law, or any rule of the Federal Communications Commission, without any additional action or notice, the contest shall be deemed void and invalid and no prize or event shall be available or obtainable by contestant. Williams Broadcasting is not responsible for any monetary or other compensation to any party involved in or any contestant of any contest that is deemed void or invalid by violation of any law.
- RAD and Williams Broadcasting are not responsible for technical malfunctions, regardless of the cause.
- A copy of these rules can be (1) found online at radradio.com; (2) sent in the mail upon written request to the above address and must include a self-addressed stamped envelope.