Official Contest Rules - RAD Pink Pistol Party
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
RAD Pink Pistol Party
Description of Contest
A. A daily game will award a qualifying prize and make the winners eligible to win the grand prize as described below.
B. How to Enter and play: Beginning on Monday, February 10, 2020 as close to 7:00 am PST as possible, through Thursday morning February 20 at 9:00am, the show (RAD) will invite listeners to be the 18th 19th and 20th callers at 888-989-9811 to play either “Treble Trouble,” or “Master of Movies.” Invitations, including, and then following, the first one on 02/10/2020 will occur each weekday as close as possible to the top of each live hour of the show (7:00, 8:00, and 9:00 am). A total of 24 invitations to play will be granted with a possibility of 24 total qualifiers. (There will be no live show on President’s Day, 02/17/2020).
The regular occurring RAD show games, “Treble Trouble,” and “Master of Movies,” will be played with at least one of each (and 2 of the other) being played each day.
Treble Trouble is a game of skill, luck, and knowledge. A “hint” or clue will be given as to the title of the song in question. For example, “this is a song by The Beatles.” A 3-4 second clip of a song will then be played. The clip will be fed directly to the phone lines of each caller simultaneously. Caller 18 will then be asked to name the title of the song. If Caller 18 identifies the song title correctly, they will win the previously stated prize. If Caller 18 does not correctly answer, caller 19 will be given a chance, and then caller 20. If none of the three callers identify the song, the prize is not awarded to anyone. Once the title has been identified, a longer (30 seconds) clip will be played for all to hear proving the song’s identity. It will be up to the show hosts discretion to determine if any song title guess is deemed “close enough,” using a reasonable formula of not adding words and eliminating only minor parts of any title. For example, if the given title of the song is “A crazy little thing called love,” and a caller guesses “little thing called love,” hosts will deem that to be incomplete, having left out a key word of the title. However, if a caller guesses “crazy little thing called love,” leaving out only “a” from the title, hosts will deem that to be in the spirit of a correct answer.
Master of Movies is a game of skill, luck, and knowledge. A “hint” or clue will be given as to the movie from which the clip to be played originates. For example, “this is from a 2020 action comedy movie.” A clip from the movie in question will then be played containing a well-known moment from that film. The clip will be fed directly to the phone lines of each caller simultaneously. Caller 18 will then be asked to name the title of the movie. If Caller 18 identifies the movie title correctly, they will win the previously stated prize. If Caller 18 does not correctly answer, caller 19 will be given a chance, and then caller 20. If none of the three callers identify the movie, the prize is not awarded to anyone. Once the title has been identified, a longer (30 seconds) clip will be played for all to hear proving the movie’s identity. It will be up to the show hosts discretion to determine if any movie title guess is deemed “close enough,” using a reasonable formula of not adding words and eliminating only minor parts of any title. For example, if the given title of the movie is “Bad Boys For Life” and a caller guesses “Bad Boys,” hosts will deem that to be incomplete, having left out a key word of the title. However, if a caller guesses “Bad Boys 3; Bad Boys for life” adding unnecessary words to the title, hosts will deem that to be in the spirit of a correct answer. “Bad Boys 3,” however, would not be accepted as that is not the title of the movie in this example.
In each game, both the hints and clips will have varying degrees of difficulty. RAD will insure, by adjusting difficulty levels as needed, a minimum of 12 total qualifiers, with up to 24 possible.
The Grand Prize drawing will occur on Thursday morning, 02/20/2020 AT 10:01am and will be filmed in the RAD studios. A copy of the drawing of names will be made available to the public via RADRADIO.COM on Friday, 02/21/2020. Four random names of all qualifiers will be chosen by show staff. Those 4 winners will then be contacted directly by a member of Williams Broadcasting (WB) and their attendance, along with a guest, confirmed. If any of the guest inform WB that they are unable to go, additional names will be drawn one at a time as needed.
During the playings of “Treble Trouble,” or “Master of Movies,” in the event that a technical malfunction makes it impossible for caller 18, 19, or 20 to participate in the game and/or provide the needed personal information to qualify for the drawing, caller will forfeit chance, regardless of the reasons for initial malfunction, including, but not limited to, cell phone cut-outs, accidental disconnection and force majeure. In the event of technical malfunction, original contestant waives and releases any and all rights and claims to attempt another guess, participate further in the contest, and to any contest prize.
C. Prizes: The winners will each receive two (2) tickets to the Miranda Lambert concert on 02/29/2020 at the Golden One Center in Sacramento, CA. All winners and their guests will rendezvous with the RAD on-air team on Saturday 02/29/2020 at FireUp E Sports and gaming lounge (https://fireup.gg/) for 90 minutes of complimentary food and beverage prior to being taken to the Golden One Center by a limo party van provided by Clean Air Ride Share ( https://www.cleanairrideshare.com/). Following the show, all winners will be returned to the Fireup E Sports and Gaming Lounge.
OFFICIAL GENERAL CONTEST RULES
The following general contest rules apply to all on-air games played on any broadcast of RAD Radio across and delivered on any platform (terrestrial radio, online, APP, etc).
1. Contestant Consent and Acceptance of Rules. By participating in the contest, contestants accept, consent to, and agree to be bound by these rules.
2. Decisions. By participating in this contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of show personnel, who shall interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules of the contest and their decisions shall be final. Show reserves the right to terminate this contest, modify contest rules, or make such other decisions regarding the contest as the show deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by Williams Broadcasting and are final. Williams Broadcasting may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion. Material changes to the contest rules will be broadcast on-air, when practical.
3. Eligibility and Limitations. Participants and winner(s) must be at least 18 years old and not have won any prizes from Williams Broadcasting within 30 calendar days prior. As per general rules, any winners of WIB are disqualified from all future contests for 30 days following.
4. Release. By participating in the Contest, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the Williams Broadcasting, its parents, affiliates, employees, representatives and agents, as well as contest sponsors and their respective employees, representatives and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the contest, or from the use of any prize. In order to receive a prize, participants must sign and/or accept an official waiver form provided by Williams Broadcasting. Failure or refusal to accept, execute and return to Williams Broadcasting the waiver form will result in all prizes being forfeited. Winners of ALL contests must acknowledge that they have 1) read and understand the contest rules, 2) that they are eligible under the contest rules to receive the prize, and 3) they understand and agree that Williams Broadcasting and its sponsors of contests, shall have the right to publicize and/or broadcast their name, character-likeness, voice and the fact that they have won a prize, and all matters thereof, without further compensation.
5. Fulfillment: Upon winning the stated prize, the contestant will be briefed by a member of Williams Broadcasting’s staff on exactly how they will receive/redeem/and/or claim the stated prize.
6. No purchase is necessary to enter or win. Prizes are not transferable or assignable unless Williams agrees, of their own volition, to make exceptions.
7. Winner will be responsible for all taxes, including United States Income Taxes that are associated with acceptance of prize.
8. All winners are solely responsible for any and all transportation associated with collecting prizes and/or attending events and Williams Broadcasting is no way responsible or liable for any contestant or third-party acts or omissions, including, but not limited to, personal or other injury or damage, stemming from contestant transportation or travel to/from collecting prizes or attending events.
9. Once prizes are claimed by each winner, Williams Broadcasting and its associated clients, vendors, affiliates, representatives, employees and agents are in no way responsible or liable to contestants or other third parties for subsequent events that may affect contestant prizes, with such events including, but not limited, acts or omissions of third-party sponsors, promoters, vendors, personalities, or others affecting contestant prizes, as well as concert cancellations, terrorist attacks, and force majeure, or, in the sole discretion of Williams Broadcasting, a prize is deemed no longer reasonably available or obtainable, or where the contest is void or invalid under local, state or federal law.
10. Williams Broadcasting reserves the right to disqualify any contestant if 1) the contest rules are not followed, 2) a contestant is found to not be eligible under the general or specific contest rules, 3) or the contestant has engaged in fraudulent behavior as determined by Williams Broadcasting. A contestant can be disqualified at a date subsequent to winning a prize if any rule has been violated and 1) is not discovered until a later date or 2) time is needed to investigate whether winner meets all rules and conditions or contest rules.
11. Contest void where prohibited. If contest is found to violate local, state or federal law, or any rule of the Federal Communications Commission, without any additional action or notice, the contest shall be deemed void and invalid and no prize or event shall be available or obtainable by contestant. Williams Broadcasting is not responsible for any monetary or other compensation to any party involved in or any contestant of any contest that is deemed void or invalid by violation of any law.
12. RAD and Williams Broadcasting are not responsible for technical malfunctions, regardless of the cause.
13. A copy of these rules can be (1) found online at radradio.com; (2) sent in the mail upon written request to the address found at https://radradio.com/contact-us/ and must include a self-addressed stamped envelope.