Official Contest Rules - Pandemic Bailout Three
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
RAD PANDEMIC BAILOUT 3
UPDATED JANUARY 17, 2021
Given the current volatile state of our country, Williams Broadcasting reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to pre-empt various occasions planned as described below of contests scheduled at 7,8, and/or 9am. Should events demand a more serious and/or somber tone and games are cancelled, they will be exactly that; cancelled and not made up at a later date. Regardless, any cancellations will be minimal, and grand prize drawings will occur.
Description of Contest
A. Daily games will award the winners eligibility to win one of the seven grand prizes as described below. No actual prizes will be won by the contestants playing the daily games, merely they will receive an entry into the grand prize drawings.
B. How to Enter and play: Beginning on Tuesday, January 19, 2021 as close to 7:00 am PDT as possible, and any hour thereafter at 8 and 9, the show (RAD) will invite listeners to be either the 18th 19th and 20th callers at 888-989-9811 to play either “Treble Trouble,” or “Master of Movies.” Or, to simply be caller 18 and play the “Pressure Cooker.” Invitations, including, and then following, the first one on 01/19/21, will occur each weekday as close as possible to the top of each live hour of the show (7:00, 8:00, and 9:00 am). All qualifiers will be eligible for the grand prize drawings to be held beginning March 29, 2021 at 7AM PDT as described below.
The regular occurring RAD show games, “Treble Trouble,” and “Master of Movies,” and the “Pressure Cooker,” will be played once each daily, rotating the three available time slots.
Treble Trouble is a game of skill, luck, and knowledge. A “hint” or clue will be given as to the title of the song in question. For example, “this is a song by The Beatles.” A 3-4 second clip of a song will then be played. The clip will be fed directly to the phone lines of each caller simultaneously. Caller 18 will then be asked to name the title of the song. If Caller 18 identifies the song title correctly, they will win the previously stated prize. If Caller 18 does not correctly answer, caller 19 will be given a chance, and then caller 20. If none of the three callers identify the song, the prize is not awarded to anyone. Once the title has been identified, a longer (30 seconds) clip will be played for all to hear proving the song’s identity. It will be up to the show hosts discretion to determine if any song title guess is deemed “close enough,” using a reasonable formula of not adding words and eliminating only minor parts of any title. For example, if the given title of the song is “A crazy little thing called love,” and a caller guesses “little thing called love,” hosts will deem that to be incomplete, having left out a key word of the title. However, if a caller guesses “crazy little thing called love,” leaving out only “a” from the title, hosts will deem that to be in the spirit of a correct answer.
Master of Movies is a game of skill, luck, and knowledge. A “hint” or clue will be given as to the movie from which the clip to be played originates. For example, “this is from a 2020 action comedy movie.” A clip from the movie in question will then be played containing a well-known moment from that film. The clip will be fed directly to the phone lines of each caller simultaneously. Caller 18 will then be asked to name the title of the movie. If Caller 18 identifies the movie title correctly, they will win the previously stated prize. If Caller 18 does not correctly answer, caller 19 will be given a chance, and then caller 20. If none of the three callers identify the movie, the prize is not awarded to anyone. Once the title has been identified, a longer (30 seconds) clip will be played for all to hear proving the movie’s identity. It will be up to the show hosts discretion to determine if any movie title guess is deemed “close enough,” using a reasonable formula of not adding words and eliminating only minor parts of any title. For example, if the given title of the movie is “Bad Boys For Life” and a caller guesses “Bad Boys,” hosts will deem that to be incomplete, having left out a key word of the title. However, if a caller guesses “Bad Boys 3; Bad Boys for life” adding unnecessary words to the title, hosts will deem that to be in the spirit of a correct answer. “Bad Boys 3,” however, would not be accepted as that is not the title of the movie in this example.
The Pressure Cooker is a timed game of skill and knowledge. Caller 18 will have 30 seconds to answer trivia questions as read by the host. A minimum of 5 questions and a maximum of 9 will be read, time allowed. Caller 18 must answer 5 questions correctly in order to win the stated prize. Caller 18 will not be told in the immediate that their answer is or isn’t correct. Rather, after the 30 seconds of questioning, hosts will recap each question and reveal the correct answer(s) while tabulating the caller’s score. If Caller 18 does not correctly answer 5 of the questions, the prize is not awarded to anyone.
During the playings of “Treble Trouble,” the “pressure cooker,” or “Master of Movies,” in the event that a technical malfunction makes it impossible for caller 18, 19, or 20 to participate in the game and/or provide the needed personal information to qualify for the drawing, caller will forfeit chance, regardless of the reasons for initial malfunction, including, but not limited to, cell phone cut-outs, accidental disconnection and force majeure. In the event of technical malfunction, original contestant waives and releases any and all rights and claims to attempt another guess, participate further in the contest, and to any contest prize.
C. Prizes: Upon winning any of the daily games, the winner will have to then choose from the seven grand prize packages available as listed below and furnished online at www.radradio.com. The winning contestant will be qualified for the grand prize drawing SOLELY for the prize package they choose on the day they win the daily contest.
The winners of each daily game will receive an entry into the pool of entries for grand prize drawings which will occur beginning 03/29/21 at 7AM.
On Monday morning, March 29, 2021 at 7AM PDT, the show will announce a randomly chosen name from all qualifiers for one of the seven grand prize packages. (For example, 7am on 3/29/21 may be the “great outdoor grand prize package” and only people qualified for that package will eligible. Days and times for specific grand prize drawings will not be specified prior. A name will be chosen from all qualified entrants for that particular prize package. That person will have 6 minutes and 66 seconds from the time of their name being announced to call 888-989-9811 and provide, off-air, to the show’s phone screener, identifying information, verifying their identify. Once confirmed, they will then win whichever package they had previously qualified for.
In all events, a second drawing identical to what is described previously will occur at 8AM PDT. These drawings will continue each hour at 7,8, and 9 AM PDT for however long it takes to find all verified winners.
THE SEVEN PRIZE PACKAGES WILL INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
INK OFF ME “HAIR TODAY GONE TOMORROW” PACKAGE ($4,000 VALUE)
• ONE FULL HAIR REMOVAL OF ONE AREA OF THE BODY VALUED AT UP TO $3000.
• $500 GIFT CARD TO ULTA
• $500 GIFT CARD BATH AND BODY WORKS
INK OFF ME “NO REGRETS” PACKAGE ($5,000 VALUE)
• ONE FULL TATTOO REMOVAL OF ONE TATTOO VALUED AT UP TO $4000. (EXCLUDING FULL SLEEVES OF LEGS OR ARMS).
• $500 GIFT CARD TO ULTA
• $500 GIFT CARD TO BATH AND BODY WORKS
THE GREAT OUTDOORS PACKAGE ($4,900)
• $2500 GIFT CERTIFICATE TO NOR CAL GUN VAULT
• $1500 GENERAC IQ3500 PORTABLE GENERATOR COURTESY CHANDLER ELECTRIC.NET
• $400 ONEWASH PRESSURE WASHER WITH POWERDIAL GUN COURTESY CHANDER ELECTRIC.NET
• 2 PAIR OF MAUI JIM SUNGLASSES COURTESY GRIFFIN AND REED EYE CARE VALUED AT $500
AFTERSHOCK PACKAGE ($3,200 VALUE)
• 4 VIP ALL DAY PASSES TO AFTERSHOCK 2021
• $500 CASH
HAPPY AT HOME ($4,000 VALUE)
• $1000 IN LONGHORN MEAT COMPANY GIFT CARDS
• $500 IN HOME SERVICE FROM FAST ACTION PEST CONTROL, WHO WE USE HERE AT THE RAD STUDIOS; GOOD FOR EITHER A YEAR OF REGULAR SERVICE OR USE IT TOWARDS PIGEON, RODENT, TERMITE OR OTHER TREATMENTS OR REPAIRS
• $500 GIFT CARD TO BEVMO
• $500 GIFT CARD TO HOME DEPOT
• $500 GIFT CARD TO WILLIAMS SONOMA
• $1000 CASH
THE DIAMOND PACKAGE ($5,000 VALUE)
• $2500 GIFT CERTIFICATE TO THE DIAMOND VAULT IN RENO
• $2500 CASH
ON THE TOWN ($3,400 VALUE)
• $500 IN GIFT CARDS GOOD AT ANY OF THE FIVE SIENNA OR LAND OCEAN GRILL RESTAURANTS IN NORTHERN CALIFORNIA AND NORTHERN NEVADA
• $500 IN GIFT CARDS GOOD AT FIREUP E SPORTS LOUNGE IN ROSEVILLE AND ONLINE AT FIREUP.GG
• $500 BACKROOM BOWLING EXPERIENCE AT STRIKES UNLIMITED FOR 2 HOURS UP TO 10 PEOPLE, FOOD AND DRINK WILL BE INCLUDED
• $250 GIFT CARDS TO TACO BELL, HOT DOG ON A STICK AND MRS. FIELDS COOKIES
• $150 N GIFT CARDS TO LAZY DOG RESTAURANTS
• $1500 IN CASH FOR GOOD TIPS
1. Contestant Consent and Acceptance of Rules. By participating in the contest, contestants accept, consent to, and agree to be bound by these rules.
2. Decisions. By participating in this contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of show personnel, who shall interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules of the contest and their decisions shall be final. Show reserves the right to terminate this contest, modify contest rules, or make such other decisions regarding the contest as the show deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by Williams Broadcasting and are final. Williams Broadcasting may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion. Material changes to the contest rules will be broadcast on-air, when practical.
3. Eligibility and Limitations. Participants and winner(s) must be at least 18 years old and not have won any prizes from Williams Broadcasting within 30 calendar days prior. As per general rules, the grand prize winner only will be disqualified from all future contests for 30 days following. For the purpose of this contest, listeners may qualify more than once, 30 calendar days after originally qualifying, but will only be eligible to win one of the grand prizes.
4. Release. By participating in the Contest, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the Williams Broadcasting, its parents, affiliates, employees, representatives and agents, as well as contest sponsors and their respective employees, representatives and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the contest, or from the use of any prize. In order to receive a prize, participants must sign and/or accept an official waiver form provided by Williams Broadcasting. Failure or refusal to accept, execute and return to Williams Broadcasting the waiver form will result in all prizes being forfeited. Winners of ALL contests must acknowledge that they have 1) read and understand the contest rules, 2) that they are eligible under the contest rules to receive the prize, and 3) they understand and agree that Williams Broadcasting and its sponsors of contests, shall have the right to publicize and/or broadcast their name, character-likeness, voice and the fact that they have won a prize, and all matters thereof, without further compensation.
5. No purchase is necessary to enter or win. Prizes are not transferable or assignable. Prizes are not redeemable for any sort of cash value. If an event is part of any prize package and that event is canceled, Williams has no responsibility to replace the prize. Similarly, if a business or establishment closes, Williams also bears no responsibility to replace or compensate as a result of such an instance.
6. Winner will be responsible for all taxes, including United States Income Taxes that are associated with acceptance of prize.
7. All winners are solely responsible for any and all transportation associated with collecting prizes and/or attending events and Williams Broadcasting is no way responsible or liable for any contestant or third-party acts or omissions, including, but not limited to, personal or other injury or damage, stemming from contestant transportation or travel to/from collecting prizes or attending events.
8. Once prizes are won, Williams Broadcasting and its associated clients, vendors, affiliates, representatives, employees and agents are in no way responsible or liable to contestants or other third parties for subsequent events that may affect contestant prizes, with such events including, but not limited, acts or omissions of third-party sponsors, promoters, vendors, personalities, or others affecting contestant prizes, as well as concert cancellations, terrorist attacks, and force majeure, or, in the sole discretion of Williams Broadcasting, a prize is deemed no longer reasonably available or obtainable, or where the contest is void or invalid under local, state or federal law.
9. Williams Broadcasting reserves the right to disqualify any contestant if 1) the contest rules are not followed, 2) a contestant is found to not be eligible under the general or specific contest rules, 3) or the contestant has engaged in fraudulent behavior as determined by Williams Broadcasting. A contestant can be disqualified at a date subsequent to winning a prize if any rule has been violated and 1) is not discovered until a later date or 2) time is needed to investigate whether winner meets all rules and conditions or contest rules.
10. Contest void where prohibited. If contest is found to violate local, state or federal law, or any rule of the Federal Communications Commission, without any additional action or notice, the contest shall be deemed void and invalid and no prize or event shall be available or obtainable by contestant. Williams Broadcasting is not responsible for any monetary or other compensation to any party involved in or any contestant of any contest that is deemed void or invalid by violation of any law.
11. RAD and Williams Broadcasting are not responsible for technical malfunctions, regardless of the cause.
12. A copy of these rules can be (1) found online at www.radradio.com; (2) sent in the mail upon written request to the above address and must include a self-addressed stamped envelope.