1. The secret to being grateful is no secret. You choose to be grateful. Then you do it again and again. Every day. When you forget, begin again.
2. If you worry too much about what might be, and wonder too long about what might have been, you will ignore and completely miss what is.
3. You don’t know what the future will bring. So your best strategy for living is to make the best and most positive use of the present.
4. Two things, more than anything else, define you daily: Your patience when you are struggling, and your attitude when you are not.
5. Patience is not about waiting – it’s the ability to keep a positive attitude while working hard for what you believe in.
6. It’s not selfish to enjoy life. What’s selfish is to insist on being negative despite all the positive possibilities available to you.
7. Before you waste it on anger, resentment, spite or envy, think of how precious and irreplaceable your time is today. Positivity always pays!
8. You may be exhausted. You may be discouraged. You may feel uncomfortable. No matter what, your best option is to move positively forward.
9. Those times when you don’t feel like being positive are the times when choosing to be positive makes the biggest difference.
10. It’s impossible to accomplish what you assume you cannot do. Be careful not to become a prisoner of your own assumptions.
11. If you truly wish to improve your self-confidence, self-esteem, and self-worth, stop allowing other people to be responsible for them.
12. Your track record for getting through hard days is 100% so far.
13. When you fail to get what you want, consider that it just might be a blessing in disguise, enabling you to have something even better, soon.
14. Use your struggles and frustrations today to motivate you rather than annoy you. You are in control of the way you look at life.
15. What may seem like a setback is really an opportunity for you to learn something new, and develop a more effective, more realistic strategy.
16. Again and again, remind yourself why. With a strong enough reason why, you’ll be able to do what’s required at any time and in any circumstance.
17. Be determined and ambitious, but not out of a desperate sense of need – do it out of a love for the possibilities. Enjoy your journey!
18. Do your thing with passion and integrity even if folks don’t notice you. We do what we do not for an applause, but because we know it’s right.
19. If the grass looks greener on the other side… Stop staring. Stop comparing. Stop complaining and start watering the grass you’re standing on.
10. When you are lost in worry, it is easy to mistake your worries for reality, instead of recognizing that they are just thoughts.
11. Whatever your challenge is, worrying about it won’t help. Either do something to address it or do something to let it go.
12. Unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you accept that it’s over, you cannot move forward.
13. Most people make themselves unhappy simply by finding it impossible to accept life just as it is presenting itself right now.
14. You can’t calm the storm, so stop trying. What you can do is calm yourself, and the storm will pass.
15. Nothing is permanent. When you understand this, you can do almost anything you wish because you’re not trying to hold onto anything anymore.
16. The most powerful changes happen when you take control of what you do have power over, instead of craving control over everything you don’t. (Read The Untethered Soul.)
17. Too often we see ourselves as the victim, rather than the creator, of our present situation. This is why our life is so difficult to change.
18. When you are no longer able to change a situation, you are challenged to change yourself. And that changes everything.
19. Being happy and grateful doesn’t mean that everything is perfect. It means you’ve decided to look beyond the imperfections.
20. Your life will improve only when you take small chances, and the first and most difficult chance you can take is to be honest with yourself.
21. It’s not what you say to everyone else that determines your life; it’s what you whisper to yourself that has the greatest power.
22. Awareness is not just noticing what’s going on around you, but what’s going on within you as well. Keep your eyes open and your Self in mind.
23. Be careful about who you give the microphone and stage to in your life, especially when times are tough. Don’t just listen to the loudest voice. Listen to the truest one.
24. Don’t let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do your thing. Don’t let small minds convince you that your dreams are too big.
25. You can’t base your ideas of success and happiness on other people’s opinions and expectations.
26. Sometimes you need to distance yourself to see things clearly again.
27. Don’t be scared to walk alone down the path less traveled, and don’t be scared to love every minute of it.
28. Wherever your heart is – wherever your truth is – that’s where you will find your reason to smile.
29. Don’t let not knowing how it’ll end keep you from beginning today. Uncertainty chases us out into the open where life’s true magic is waiting.
30. You can’t be afraid to have certain conversations. It’s better to talk and find out, than to keep going and get nowhere. Communication is key.
31. No matter what happens in life, be good to people. Being good to people is a peaceful way to live, and a beautiful legacy to leave behind.
32. Changing the world doesn’t necessitate earth-shattering feats but rather, doing small things with great love. Think simple, not spectacular.
33. Our days are always happier and more fulfilling when we give people around us a bit of our heart rather than a piece of our mind.
34. Don’t judge someone just because they’ve made different mistakes than you have.
35. When you choose to see the good in others, you end up finding the good in yourself.
36. Set an example. Treat everyone with kindness and respect, even those who are rude to you – not because they are nice, but because you are.
37. Be thankful for all the rude, obnoxious, and difficult people you meet in life. They serve as important reminders of how NOT to live.
38. There are no permanent jobs on this planet. We are all interning here. Learn from everyone, remain humble, and don’t forget to have a good time.
39. There’s no such thing as a self-made person. Someone else believed, encouraged and invested in you. Be grateful and be that someone for others.
40. Accept what is, let go of what was, and have faith in your journey.
41. Every day is a new beginning; treat it that way. Stop thinking about what could have been and start looking at what CAN be. (Marc and I discuss this in more detail in the “Passion and Growth” chapter of 1,000 Little Things Happy, Successful People Do Differently.)
42. Right now it all starts over. The possibilities ahead are endless. Be strong enough to let go, wise enough to move forward, diligent enough to work hard, and patient enough to wait for what you’ve earned. https://www.marcandangel.com/