This coming Sunday is Mother’s Day, a celebration for all Moms and for you great ones you should be celebrated!!
But this isn’t going to be an article about all the wonderful things Moms do, there won’t be a shortage of those, nor should there be!…..
I’d like to be here for the Non Mom’s tho. We get forgotten, I mean as we should it isn’t our day we aren’t Moms!!
Only us Non Moms can truly understand how incredibly awful Mothers Day can feel when you are childless and you are actively trying to become a Mom or you have come to terms with the fact that it ain’t happening.
It literally doesn’t matter to society how many children we have have been mothering to, we aren’t actual Mother’s. I get it, its an exclusive club only for those that actually have kids. Makes sense. But boy oh boy can people be cruel and they don’t even understand how cruel they are being..
Throughout the years here are things I have been told….
* I will never know what real love is because I don’t have children.
* I’m not a complete Woman because I don’t have children.
* God must have not wanted to bless you with children.
* Being a Mother is the best thing ever, it’s so sad you’ll never experience that.
* Oh no you won’t ever be able to be a Grandma, you poor thing.
* I must have nothing to do all day since I don’t have children
* I won’t have anyone to take care of me when I’m old because I don’t have kids!
* And always my favorite, when you tell someone you and your husband tried to have kids, it didn’t happen and they answer with oh my gosh I don’t know what I would have done had that been me, I can’t imagine my life without my children, oh thats just awful…..thanks thanks so much thats exactly what a woman who has tried and failed at conceiving wants to hear…ugh I mean really!!!
Even tho I am at peace with all the decisions my husband and I made and didn’t make when it came to having our own children, I can still so relate at how disconnected society is about the pain a woman goes thru trying to become a Mom…especially when there are no shortages of awful women who get to become Mothers, you just shake your head…why…what…really…yep this is life!
To all the Non Mom’s out there who are hoping to be a Mom someday or you are coming to terms with your childless reality…Your life has value and you can have a beautiful fulfilling life without children…I see you, I hear you, I feel you…Mother’s Day can suck it!!