Yes Paleo, that way of eating that SO many folks are doing has dessert recipes!! For those in your life who are eating this way and you are like well what the hell kind of dessert do I make them!! Here is a recipe I found for Brownies, hellooooo who doesn’t love brownies!! These suckers are pretty darn good that actually anyone can enjoy not just your Paleo friends!!!
Grain Free Fudgy Brownies with Dairy Free Chocolate Frosting (by Bill Staley & Haley Mason – Primal Palate,http://againstallgrain.com/2014/07/10/guest-post-grain-free-fudgy-brownies/)
6 ounces dark chocolate
8 ounces unsalted butter or Palm Shortening (if I am using butter I use grass fed butter for the Paleo folks! I guess butter is not a staple with Paleo people but if they do have it its grass fed butter)
1 tsp Vanilla extract
4 large eggs
½ cup Chestnut flour or Almond Flour
½ tsp sea salt
1 tsp baking powder
¾ cup coconut sugar
8 fl oz Coconut Cream
1 ½ cup dark chocolate chips
½ tsp vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9×13 baking dish.
– Melt the dark chocolate and the butter over medium low heat, while stirring frequently.
– Add the coconut sugar and the vanilla to the chocolate and butter and stir until smooth. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
– Blend the eggs, flour, salt and baking powder in a separate bowl.
– Once the chocolate mixture is cool, pour into the flour mixture and blend until its smooth.
– Pour the batter into the baking dish you can sprinkle some chocolate chips on the top of the brownie batter and then bake for about 30-35 minutes.
– Once the brownies are done let them cool completely before frosting.
– For the frosting, heat the coconut cream over medium heat until scalded. Then pour the scaled cream over the dark chocolate chips and stir until smooth and creamy, stir in the vanilla and chill in the fridge until its cool.
– Once the frosting has chilled beat the frosting with a mixer until whipped and fluffy.
– Frost the brownies and enjoy!!!