I so was not going to do a Baking Blog update this week, but man when I tasted these muffins after I baked them I was like HOLY S*%T I HAVE TO SHRAE THS RECIPE!!! These freaking muffins are surprisingly good!! I say surprisingly because well lets face it, almond flour for baking isn’t as great as using the real thing…flour! These damn things are moist and tasty..almost like the real deal.
Enjoy, I know you will!!!!! Happy Baking!!
Keto Chocolate Chip Muffins https://healthyrecipesblogs.
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream (I used Daisy Light Sour Cream)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoon stevia glycerite (equals 1/2 cup sugar) ( I used 1/2 cup of Swerve Brown Sugar)
- 2 cups blanched finely ground almond flour (8 oz)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda(make sure it’s fresh)
- 1/3 cup mini dark chocolate chips (2 oz), divided (I used Lilly’s milk chocolate chips)
Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with 12 foil liners and grease the liners.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, sour cream, vanilla, and stevia.
Mix in the almond flour, whisking until the batter is smooth and free of lumps.
Mix in the sea salt and the baking soda. Then fold the chocolate chips in, reserving about ½ oz of them to scatter on top of the muffins.
Using an ice cream scoop, divide the batter evenly among the muffin liners. Scatter the reserved chocolate chips on top.
Bake until the top is golden and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 20-25 minutes.
Cool the muffins in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then serve.