Official Contest Rules - One Of Two
Description of Contest
1. A recurring game called “One of Two,” may award prizes to one lucky caller as described below.
How to Enter and play: Listeners may participate anytime the show (RAD) invites listeners to be the 18th caller at 888-989-9811 to play the One of Two game. Invitations will occur randomly at hosts’ discretion and may or may not occur daily or multiple times per day at random times between 6-10am PT. The 18th caller will then be given a chance to play One of Two as follows:
2. One of Two is a game of skill, luck, and knowledge. Caller 18 will have 10 trivia questions read to them by the host. After each question, caller 18 will be given two choices, only one of which is the correct answer. Caller 18 must answer a minimum of 6 questions correctly in order to win the stated prize. Caller 18 will not be told in the immediate that their answer is or isn’t correct. Rather, after the questioning, hosts will recap each question and reveal the correct answer(s) while tabulating the caller’s score. If Caller 18 does not correctly answer 6 of the questions, the prize is not awarded to anyone.
3. At any time, during any play, In the event that a technical malfunction makes it impossible for the winner to express a guess, or for a guess to be heard by the hosts, a back-up caller, previously determined to be caller #19, will be given a chance to play. If caller #19 is unable or unavailable, the game will be postponed until a substitute contestant calls in, when directed by the hosts later. Original contestant will forfeit chance to guess, regardless of the reasons for initial malfunction, including, but not limited to, cell phone cut-outs, accidental disconnection and force majeure. In the event of technical malfunction, original contestant waives and releases any and all rights and claims to attempt another guess, participate further in the contest, and to any contest prize.
4. Prizes: Prizes will vary and will be announced at each invitation to play each contest.
OFFICIAL GENERAL CONTEST RULES
The following general contest rules apply to all on-air games played on any broadcast of RAD Radio across and delivered on any platform (terrestrial radio, online, APP, etc).
1. Contestant Consent and Acceptance of Rules. By participating in the contest, contestants accept, consent to, and agree to be bound by these rules.
2. Decisions. By participating in this contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of show personnel, who shall interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules of the contest and their decisions shall be final. Show reserves the right to terminate this contest, modify contest rules, or make such other decisions regarding the contest as the show deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by Williams Broadcasting and are final. Williams Broadcasting may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion. Material changes to the contest rules will be broadcast on-air, when practical.
3. Eligibility and Limitations. Participants and winner(s) must be at least 18 years old and not have won any prizes from Williams Broadcasting within 30 calendar days prior. As per general rules, any winners of WIB are disqualified from all future contests for 30 days following.
4. Release. By participating in the Contest, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the Williams Broadcasting, its parents, affiliates, employees, representatives and agents, as well as contest sponsors and their respective employees, representatives and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the contest, or from the use of any prize. In order to receive a prize, participants must sign and/or accept an official waiver form provided by Williams Broadcasting. Failure or refusal to accept, execute and return to Williams Broadcasting the waiver form will result in all prizes being forfeited. Winners of ALL contests must acknowledge that they have 1) read and understand the contest rules, 2) that they are eligible under the contest rules to receive the prize, and 3) they understand and agree that Williams Broadcasting and its sponsors of contests, shall have the right to publicize and/or broadcast their name, character-likeness, voice and the fact that they have won a prize, and all matters thereof, without further compensation.
5. Fulfillment: Upon winning the stated prize, the contestant will be briefed by a member of Williams Broadcasting’s staff on exactly how they will receive/redeem/and/or claim the stated prize.
6. No purchase is necessary to enter or win. Prizes are not transferable or assignable unless Williams agrees, of their own volition, to make exceptions.
7. Winner will be responsible for all taxes, including United States Income Taxes that are associated with acceptance of prize.
8. All winners are solely responsible for any and all transportation associated with collecting prizes and/or attending events and Williams Broadcasting is no way responsible or liable for any contestant or third-party acts or omissions, including, but not limited to, personal or other injury or damage, stemming from contestant transportation or travel to/from collecting prizes or attending events.
9. Once prizes are claimed by each winner, Williams Broadcasting and its associated clients, vendors, affiliates, representatives, employees and agents are in no way responsible or liable to contestants or other third parties for subsequent events that may affect contestant prizes, with such events including, but not limited, acts or omissions of third-party sponsors, promoters, vendors, personalities, or others affecting contestant prizes, as well as concert cancellations, terrorist attacks, and force majeure, or, in the sole discretion of Williams Broadcasting, a prize is deemed no longer reasonably available or obtainable, or where the contest is void or invalid under local, state or federal law.
10. Williams Broadcasting reserves the right to disqualify any contestant if 1) the contest rules are not followed, 2) a contestant is found to not be eligible under the general or specific contest rules, 3) or the contestant has engaged in fraudulent behavior as determined by Williams Broadcasting. A contestant can be disqualified at a date subsequent to winning a prize if any rule has been violated and 1) is not discovered until a later date or 2) time is needed to investigate whether winner meets all rules and conditions or contest rules.
11. Contest void where prohibited. If contest is found to violate local, state or federal law, or any rule of the Federal Communications Commission, without any additional action or notice, the contest shall be deemed void and invalid and no prize or event shall be available or obtainable by contestant. Williams Broadcasting is not responsible for any monetary or other compensation to any party involved in or any contestant of any contest that is deemed void or invalid by violation of any law.
12. RAD and Williams Broadcasting are not responsible for technical malfunctions, regardless of the cause.
13. A copy of these rules can be (1) found online at radradio.com; (2) sent in the mail upon written request to the address found at https://radradio.com/contact-us/ and must include a self-addressed stamped envelope.